Sunday, March 6, 2011

Open Studio Sunday


Rainy and gray outside, warm and cozy inside.
Early this morning, I was having a ball at the drawing table 
coming up with fun & easy embroidery designs.
(Pictures and more on this soon!)
Hand work is so satisfying, and it just makes me smile.
It's that simple.

What crafts make you feel that way? I'd love to hear.


Waxed linen thread for eyes & a sweet little nose.
Complete with cottontail, he makes a wonderful friend 
and is easily held in small hands.
Quite a while ago, I sewed this bunny from
a free pattern in Living Crafts magazine.

They now have a terrific blog:


Well, I needed a break from the pen & ink bit, 
so I picked up my needles.
 I'm designing this soft, swingy girl's dress, size 2.
It's my first dress combining knit and fabric, and I'm really
excited as it takes on a life of its own.
It's a lesson in letting go and seeing where the materials take me.

Can you let go in your creative process, too? 


I love polka dots.
Preparing for my afternoon, I just finished cutting these
binding strips for the boy's quilt in the background. 
With the recipient due to arrive in just a few weeks,
I'd better get a move on!

Designing for boys is a welcome process.
Because I don't have boys of my own, I don't have personalities,
likes or dislikes to influence me. There's a certain freedom with that.

What do you enjoy making for the boys in your life? 


What about the girls, you ask?
Perfect timing: here's the purse that was being worked on 
in last Sunday's Open Studio.

Instructions, complete with photos, will be available
in my shop, as promised. Currently under construction, the shop is almost ready. You'll be the first to know when the OPEN light is on.

                                                                  
I said constant, right?


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the little girl's dress. As the mom of one grown boy (I guess I should say "man") - I longed for little girl stuff! Bet it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tierney, you are such a wonderfully warm, generous, and giving woman. This post is so inspiring. You have so many gifts and I am so happy to see you sharing them with more people.

    ReplyDelete