Sunday, June 16, 2013

Postcards From Squam

Instant friends, just add water. And yarn.

I'm still coming down from 5 loving, brilliant days 
This year's center piece, Harriet Goodall's 
woven heart with twinkle lights.
If you're unfamiliar with Harriet, 
you'll want to visit her extraordinary website. 
Making the Blizzard Book on a drizzly afternoon.
 
Beautiful, busy souls. Exquisite paintings.
My painting buddy for 2 days, LauraLynn.
Yep, she's truly as radiant as she looks.
Close up of a painting I made in 
Alena Hennessy's workshop.
I found out I can let go, and I can play. 
I can leave a "mistake" alone for a minute 
only to see that it actually works! Huge for this Type A.
Each day started & ended with this incredible view. Sigh.
Imagine meeting you here, Debbie!
 A few of my favorite things from the Art Fair:
AWC Designs, leather belt & custom buckle
Ribbons from Germany (!)
Letterpress notecards from Pressbound
Kelbourne Woolens project bag
 (Cabin-mate) Ana's Toil and Trouble hand-dyed yarn

But wait, there's more! 
One evening around the fire, our
cabin-mate Julie told us about her daughter 
playing fiddle for a band, The Floorwalkers. New to me,
I went straight to YouTube and had a listen - now it's your turn.
Wow, thanks Julie! 

 Breathe it in....until next year!

More bags are being added to the shop, 
in case you're looking for a zippy little pouch 
perfect for all sorts of uses, INCLUDING
GRADUATION GIFTS (just think of what you can tuck inside!) 
 Thanks, and have a fun week!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm burning with jealousy! No kidding! What a wonderful and inspiring time you had - maybe some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt you'd fit right in to the Squam gathering! In the mean time, something tells me you have plenty of other creative works to bring to fruition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It looks like you had a wonderful time. Such beautiful scenery too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet it's a little different than TNNA...which looks like a blast, too! I always look forward to your posts about your amazing weekend in Ohio!

      Delete