Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Difference Between Work and Toil

Summer has officially arrived!  
The studio is busy with work: surface designs, 
sewing patterns and art quilts and more.
Shoulder to the grindstone, 
 I'm loving the work that is revealing itself. 

Thanks to all of you who have shown me support 
with your notes, hugs and interest in the work I'm doing. 
Your kindness goes a long way, 
especially when the hours grow long and the days grow short!
I truly appreciate your efforts and care.

Now, as I head back to the studio, here are a few treats:
Each year, as Independence Day approaches 
I seek out stories about our country's history; 
the people, their struggles, their victories and so on.

My favorite story teller is U. Utah Phillips.
 Above is a brief recording he made sharing his 
insights about anarchism. 
Enlightening.
The second half especially struck a chord in me, 
and I wanted to share it with all of you.

Let me know if anything strikes a chord with you. 
  I'd love to hear.

 If your summer knitting is begging for a new bag,  
you're just in time...
new bags have landed in the shop
and today through Sunday, July 6th
everything in the shop is 15% off!
Just enter the code INDEPENDENCE14 at checkout.
All orders will be filled Monday the 7th.
Happy Independence Day! 
Wishing everyone a star-spangled 4th of July!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this bag is more comfortable for any place and nice pattern.
    to get fabric on demand from weaveron textile.

    ReplyDelete