Sunday, September 4, 2011

Open Studio Sunday

 Romantic Hydrangeas from the garden
soften an overcast, humid day.

 My first Rye bread out of the oven, 
and look at those air pockets!
Just for the record, (and I'm sure I'm the only one 
keeping score of my yeast bread wins and losses,) 
my hubby said this is the best Rye bread he's ever had.
To me, that's worth cranking up the oven to 450 degrees 
on this already hot & humid day. 

 And in between the flower cutting and the bread baking
there's a little sewing going on in the Studio today.

I've started a new crib quilt, but not my own design this time. 
Because I'm working with a very limited quantity of fabric, 
I felt more confident choosing a design for which 
I could see a completed version up front. 
You know that feeling.
You can't bring yourself to risk wasting any of that 
precious fabric on a trial run.

So, with the quilt design in place, cutting into
Lizzy House's "Castle Peeps" collection (above)
became so much fun! I've coveted this collection in my
stash for well over a year and have been saving it for
just the right project. *Squeal*
As I researched block patterns for this crib quilt, 
I knew the block the instant I saw it:
Kaffe Fassett's "S" Block Quilt found in
 
I can't wait to see this simple geometric design
played out in Lizzy House's fun, thoughtfully 
coordinated fabrics. The palette is just right, 
not pastel and not brights, but some where
in between, and is setting a really nice tone. 
Stay tuned for the finished quilt....
 But wait! There's more!
Spun Right Round's brand new shop in Cortland, NY 
is officially O-P-E-N.
I had to pop in on opening day, Friday, 
and clearly I wasn't the only person with 
that idea - Renee was swamped! 

Just look at my loot:
Above, a few of Renee's hand dyed rovings 
(I see mittens in my future. Thanks Mary!)
Check out the original art work on the labels, 
hand drawn by Renee's personal "artist in residence" 
& partner: the outrageously talented Kent.
Every girl needs a new / another (what's the difference?)
bag, so I invested in two for myself. The little zipper pouch
(notions pouch for my traveling embroidery projects) says
My 2 cents.
What else would it say?

Put Renee's Grand Opening Celebration on your calendar:
Saturday, September 10th
10:00 - 5:00
Fantabulous door prizes, 
tasty treats & a rockin' good time. 
 Don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment