Sunday, September 18, 2011

Open Studio Sunday

Getting a jump on quilts for Project Linus and 
for stocking my Etsy shop has been fun, fun, fun
Basking in the sun, above, are quilt tops made this week:
the Friendship Star block (foreground) made 
with batiks, and the "S block (background) made with 
mostly Lizzy House's fabric line, Castle Peeps.  

Both blocks are perfect for a beginning quilter. 
I highly recommend trying them if you're looking for 
ideas for your first quilt. The Friendship Star block 
found here would look great as a scrappy quilt. 
Wait, that idea is definitely speaking to me!
My "S" block quilt was inspired by Kaffe Fassett's 
quilt found in this book.

Today in the Studio I've been experimenting with a new 
quilt design. While I'm not sold on it yet, I do like the castle 
towers broken into blocks. Stay tuned. It has promise.

Castle tower fabric designed by Lizzy House for Andover Fabrics
If I was a kid wrapped in a quilt made with 
this fabric, oh the places my imagination would go!

September splendor.

No comments:

Post a Comment