Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Little Seedy

 Arriving at the tail end of this year's gardening cycle,
 I've just gone out and collected all kinds of seeds.
I bring out a stack of small brown paper bags and simply
fill each with seed heads. One kind of seed per bag.
I let the seed heads dry in the bags
before shaking them for easy release.
Then I pour the seeds into pre-made, 
pre-labeled paper envelopes and line them up in 
an airtight container placed in the pantry for the winter. 

 Drying seeds holds the promise 
of exciting color & texture for next year.
Enduring long winters, this kind of promise 
goes a long way.
  
While I've collected plenty of seeds for flowering plants,  
here's my favorite source for veggie seeds & supplies:

Do you collect seeds, too?

1 comment:

  1. How interesting! I have never tried to collect seeds before, but then again - I haven't planted any in years! I am inspired to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete