Sunday, October 23, 2011

Open Studio Sunday

Each October, I hope for a perfectly warm day 
to hunt through the local pumpkin patch, 
drink hot cider and savor homemade donuts 
before heading home to carve a scary face 
and roast pumpkin seeds.
 
This year, today is that perfectly warm day, 
so I'm taking you with me to a local farm, Reeds Seeds.
While they don't have hot cider and fresh donuts, 
they do have lots of charm,
richly hued corn, 
and white pumpkins!
On the way home, we're stopping to capture a final 
moment of Fall splendor. Can you believe snow is 
due to arrive in Upstate New York in just a few days?
Safe at home, this beauty basks in
the final hours of daylight.

My favorite girl just sent me the yummiest looking recipe!
Let's try this together:

If you carved pumpkins, I'd love to see your faces,
scary or silly!

1 comment:

  1. I just love this time of year! Your pictures capture it all perfectly!

    ReplyDelete