Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Banner Day!

 Today is the opening day of  
While I couldn't attend this year,  
today the stars aligned and I met 
Lynn Augenstern, head of Project Linus's 
Broome County Chapter.

Aren't they sweet? You wouldn't guess it was 94 degrees!
 Lynn (left) and her sister Joann (right) were  
so kind to meet me in Binghamton and accept my   
donation of a few quilts and two giant bags of yarn.

These are the two quilts I handed off to Lynn:
My version of Kaffe Fassett's Red Diamonds quilt
and my own Cartwheels quilt (below).  

I wish I could make a living from donating
because these quilts were so much fun to sew 
and very rewarding to give.
 A special word of thanks to Spun Right Round 
for generously donating half of today's yarn! 

If you or your group would like to sew (or no-sew,) 
knit or crochet blankets for Project Linus, 
find your nearest local chapter and 
make contact. They make it really easy to give.
I know I look forward to seeing Lynn again soon.

Putting out a call for help:
My big goal was to have ready the link to my free
Cartwheels pattern in celebration of the Institute's
opening day today. Sadly, my lack of techie skills 
are showing. I'd be mighty grateful to anyone who could 
leave me a comment with the know how for 
posting my PDF to my sidebar. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment