Friday, July 22, 2011

Sweet Stitches

Considering how hot it's been here these past few days
I hardly remember the snow that was piled
 high outside my window when I stitched these 
sweet blue birds. 

While I'm still fairly new to embroidery,
I have to say I love it, all of it. 
I love choosing motifs, considering 
colors, threading several needles 
(coveting Rebecca Ringquist's needle cases.) 
I love sending the needle into the fabric, 
the image revealing itself a stitch at a time.   

12-18month dress & bloomers ready for
summer's heat.
During those snowy months spent indoors
 "A Rainbow of Stitches", written by 
Agnes Delage-Calvet, Anne Sohier-Fournel,
Muriel Brunet and Francoise Ritz, 
kept me interested in embroidering.
The blue birds motif shown above is from the book.

Honestly, what's not to adore?  
Small amounts of time result in a lovely
bit of hand work that makes any thing 
more special. If you're inclined to pick up 
needle and floss, have a look at this book and 
think gift giving for loved ones or yourself
  
I agree, Stanley, it's too hot outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment