Sunday, July 24, 2011

Open Studio Sunday

Just finished, a beautiful new knitting bag 
for what promises to be an equally 
rich in color, beautiful hand knit sweater 
from Amy Swenson's knitwear designs.

This shot silk & Amy Butler print go together 
like peas and carrots, and while this test run 
will remain with me, a similar bag is under way 
in the Studio that will soon be posted for sale 
on my new Etsy shop.  
 (Slowly but surely, patterns are being typed and posted.
Thank you for your patience.)
Back to the sweater pattern, my heart is 
set on using madelinetosh, so I went straight  
to my dear friend Beth's wonderful yarn shop,
Sheep Thrills in North Syracuse, NY.
There, I knew l'd find enough madelinetosh 
for the job, not to mention plenty of other irresistible 
yarns and patterns, and pictured above is the 
 yarn color I chose: "mare."

As if sewing a new bag, starting a new knitting
pattern and filling a new shop weren't enough,
drum roll please....

the link to my free Cartwheels quilt pattern
 is now available
in the right margin under the Project Linus link. 

Designed to be a fast sewing project, 
and one that looks good in just about any 
fabric combination, this modern, graphic design 
would be loved by any teen or child in your life.  
If you'd like to sew one up for Project Linus, 
well, that would be really great, too!

I hope you enjoy Cartwheels. 






No comments:

Post a Comment